Monday, May 5, 2008

Rowdy Friends Tour

Travis and I went to see a Lynyrd Skynyrd and Hank Williams Jr. concert on Saturday night. They were good, but I had a difficult time enjoying it because it just seemed so loud! Am I really getting that old already?!? Maybe it was because it was inside an arena and I’m more used to being at outdoor concerts, where the sound can dissipate more.



We also went to see The Bucket List with my mom this weekend at the dollar theater (however, they have apparently upped the price to $2 recently). It happened to be the first movie that Travis and I have seen together at a movie theater (we always rent movies to watch at home). I liked the movie a lot… not so much for the specific plot, but for the overall message it gave. It got me to think more about the fun things that I would like to do and the things that I want to accomplish in my life. I had been giving some short-term thought to this lately (when I assigned my students to write themselves a letter that will be mailed to them when they graduate from high school), but maybe I should be thinking about the long term goals more. If I ever come up with a list, I will post it… Do you have any ideas - what is one fun thing and one thing to accomplish that you would put on your list?

I spent the rest of the weekend shopping with Heather, cleaning the house, and playing the Wii Mario Kart game.
I like “driving” on the Wii better than the other racing games I have because you get to turn the remote like a steering wheel. The only problem is that I am so used to using the arrows on the controller to steer, that I forget in the middle of the game and start using them. It’s a little frustrating when I think that I am steering, but then drive right off of the course. I am getting better at it though!

1 comments:

Staci said...

Great idea, Josie, about having the kids writing a letter!