I know that Mudder’s Day (that’s my version of Mother’s) was a while ago, but I’m just now getting around to blogging about it. When trying to think of a gift that my mom would like (she buys most stuff that she wants), I have recently started to get my mom tickets as gifts (in the past, we’ve gone to see Champions on Ice and Cirque de Soleil). This year, I got my mom tickets to see James Taylor at Chastain. We had never been there – and I was a little worried about it because I read some bad reviews of the place. Since you can take food and drinks into the venue (which I see as a big plus), the reviews were somewhat negative because apparently some people treat it as a big “tea party” and talk over the music. We got lucky I guess, because almost everyone around us was quiet and enjoying the music. There were a few women behind us that were talking loudly, but the guy to my left eventually turned around and hushed them (and it actually worked... unlike my dirty looks – I guess I should have spoken up).
We weren’t allowed to take cameras into the concert again (and I usually follow the rules), but this time I braved it and brought my camera! Here are some pictures from the night:

The concert was really good – and we had tons of stuff to snack on while listening. A note to anyone that hasn’t been there: there are wide rows so you have room in front of you – take a small “camp table” or TV tray to put your stuff on (and a candle is a nice touch).
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Happy (late) Mother’s Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment