Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheater, Cheater...

Travis and I played Scrabble last week on the porch – it was nice out because it had rained that day, so the pollen count was lower and it had cooled off a little bit. As you can tell by the title of this blog, I’m claiming that he cheated because once again - I lost. I’m used to losing, as he’s better than me at coming up with odd words; however, I feel particularly “jipped” this time because I was keeping up with him point-wise until the very end. Our scores were within a few points and we both had 2 or 3 letters left when he added a “D” to the word “PLEDGE.” This gave him so many points that there was no way that I could catch up… so of course I am claiming that adding a “D” is like adding an “S” to a word and shouldn’t be allowed. He was willing to change his word, but then I would feel like I was cheating by not allowing a word. Oh well – maybe I’ll beat him next time.


After enjoying the porch on Thursday, I wanted to spend more time outside over the weekend, but the pollen has been aggravating both of us. To give you an example of how bad it is, I took a picture of Travis while he was cutting the grass on Saturday.


He said that the bandanna over his mouth/nose actually helped a lot.

Since I’ve been staying inside more, I rented two movies over the weekend. Travis and saw
No Country for Old Men and I watched 27 Dresses with my mom on Mother’s Day. Both movies were alright, but I wouldn’t highly recommend either one. I've also been working on painting and decorating a frame, but I'll post it when I finish...

2 comments:

Staci said...

I felt the same way about 27 Dresses. It was cute, but kind of let me down a little.

Anonymous said...

Adding a "D" to pledge is perfectly O.K. In fact, pretty astute.
Can't wait to see you guys in July.
Carole