A few weeks ago, it occurred to me that summer was coming soon (ok, so I was counting down how many school days were left). With that in mind, I had this great plan to go camping before it got too hot out and I enlisted Heather to go with me. So, last weekend, we went to Shoal Creek Park on Lake Lanier. We left school on Friday afternoon right at the bell and we were at the site and set up by 5:30. I was thrilled that we were right on the lake in a great spot - with no trees or shrubs to block the view. Unfortunately, I soon wanted to be surrounded by trees because it was so windy that afternoon (and night) that we couldn’t even sit outside without being too cold (and fearing wind burn).
Like the happy campers we are (or at least tried to be), we made the most of it and hung out inside the tent. Fortunately, the tent is one of those large two-room ones, so we could fit chairs and a table inside with us. We also had a nice view from inside:
As the sun set, we made a fire for warmth (and to make s’mores), but it was just too cold to stay outside for longer than thirty minutes without winter gear (which we didn’t pack).
By Saturday, it had warmed up some and the winds had died down. Finally, we were able to lay out by the lake and the breeze even felt good when we were in the sun. Travis also joined us on Saturday – here are some pictures of us climbing the only tree on our site (Travis climbed it first, so of course I wanted to climb it too).
0 comments:
Post a Comment