Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We Wii

Last weekend, Travis and I finally celebrated Christmas! I know that sounds odd, but we had agreed to buy each other a Wii for Christmas and we were not able to purchase one until last Saturday. I had searched all over Atlanta… thinking that I could surely find one soon after the Christmas rush, but they were never in stock. I guess we could’ve gotten one on E-Bay, but I didn’t want to pay more than they cost in the store to get one. Especially because the Wiis on E-Bay are listed by people that are buying them at stores only to sell them at a profit – I hate those people! It’s people like that who make it nearly impossible to find a Wii anywhere in a store…

Anyway, I kept searching and my persistence finally paid off - we now have a Wii sitting in our living room! I eventually found one when I decided to stop at a Wal-Mart in Chipley, Florida on the way back from Destin over Spring Break. I figured that I would check some smaller towns on the way home to see if I could find one and it worked. According to a brief search on-line, the population of Chipley is about 3,746 people (whereas the approximate population of Duluth is 25,838 people). I’m glad that somewhere finally had more supply than demand…

After waiting months to get one, we have played it quite a bit in the past few days and I have now acquired a “Wii Injury.” Laugh at me if you want, but my arms and shoulders are sore because I was putting forth my best effort to beat Travis at some of the games. Unfortunately, in my attempt, I was waving my arms around like crazy. I had no idea that swinging a fake bat could make you sore, but I probably stretched out some muscles that haven’t been used in a while. I must be really out of shape…


So far, my favorite game is the Wii Sports that comes with the system - it has baseball, bowling, golf, tennis, and boxing. We also got some other games (Wii Play, Carnival Games, and the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games) that utilize the “motion” aspect of the Wii and we have enjoyed them also. Here are some pictures of Travis Wii-ing (I know that isn’t a word):


2 comments:

Staci said...

Now that's the kind of exercise I could get used to!

Nicole said...

That is so much fun. I think that we have the same pictures of our family.