Last week was Spring Break for my school (and all of the other counties around Atlanta). This means that thousands of people head for Florida… including me! This year, Travis’ parents joined us for the first part of the week, so we found a place to stay near Port St. Joe that was dog friendly (Bailey loves the beach, so he always goes with me on Spring Break). It was called Whispering Pines and it was nice place to stay – it was near the beach, roomy enough for four people, and a good price. I also liked that it was in a remote area so there weren't any crowds, but that meant we had to drive further to buy groceries or go out to eat. Here we are enjoying the beach:
On Tuesday, when Travis' parents parted ways with us to continue on their trip to Orlando, Travis and I headed for Destin. For the past two years I have gone camping at Henderson Beach State Park for Spring Break, so I booked a site for this year also. It’s a great way to go to the beach without spending too much money on a hotel room. The campground is right beside the beach – so you can walk to it. Although it’s camping, the weather (by this, I mainly mean temperature) is nice in the beginning of April - so it’s warm during the day and cools off at night when you want to sleep. Plus, we take tons of stuff to make ourselves comfortable while there – a two room tent, air mattresses, lounge chairs, a portable grill, and more. Packing is a pain… but it’s worth it. Here’s a picture of Travis at our campsite:
Yes - that's Travis on top of the water! Kite boarding was definitely his favorite part of the trip, but I have decided that I have two favorite parts of the trip – both of which involve seeing “my boys” happy. The first one was obviously watching Travis kite board and getting to hear him describe the different aspects of it. The second one was watching Bailey on the beach – he just loves digging in the sand and chasing toys into the water!

However, Bailey loves the beach even more at night - that's when the crabs come out! These next pictures are self explanatory...
2 comments:
How fun, Josie! I'm so jealous that you went to the beach! I went to Alabama...yippee!
We sure had fun! Wish we could have seen Travis kite board though and wish we would have had a little less rain. All in all though, it was great. I liked that place you found. And Bailey is a kick! Hope we see you this summer and you'll be blogging about it!
Claudia
Post a Comment