It was so nice out on Sunday… sunny and 70 degrees! After I took Bailey to the dog park, I decided to go outside and lay out. I desperately need to get some sun before Spring Break to help avoid getting a bad sunburn. Travis decided to join me and we both soaked up some much needed Vitamin D…
Bailey even joined us, but he preferred to lay in the shade.
Also, I have pictures of my fort from Friday night – it was huge! It’s really hard to convey it in pictures, but I will try. The picture on the left shows the fort in progress – notice the strings holding the sheets up (they are hanging from the ceiling fan). I had to sew loops to the sheets so that I could suspend them. The other picture shows the outside of the fort once it was completed.
I also draped sheets, blankets, towels, etc… over the furniture to “fortify it” and block out the rest of the house. Sadly, it took me two hours to do this (which mainly consisted of me looking at it and trying to figure out my next move). If you’re wondering… yes, Travis was laughing at the effort I was going to. I then put up white Christmas lights inside of the fort and loaded it up with pillows, blankets, and other soft stuff I could find. Also, while building it, I made sure that the couch, fireplace, TV, and my laptop were accessible. You gotta have all of the comforts of home in a fort (and yes, I do realize that it was IN my home). Anyway, here’s Heather and Bailey enjoying the fort. She came over on Saturday night and we watched the movie Martian Child in the fort.

1 comments:
You have too much time on your hands!! :)
Post a Comment