Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Were Cavemen

So, last weekend, Travis and I went on a cave tour in Kentucky at Mammoth Cave. Not the regular kind of cave tour though, we decided to go on the “Wild Cave” tour. It was a six hour, six mile long tour that involves crawling through tunnels, climbing cave walls, and squeezing through nine inch spaces. If you have ever seen Travis, this worried both of us… he has big shoulders. He fit, though. Apparently, he was the maximum size that you could be and still fit through some of the holes… he said that it was an especially close fit on what they call the “bare hole.” I will leave it to your imagination as to why they call it that.

We didn’t take our camera because we were worried about having to carry it the whole time, but here are some pictures that I found on the Internet of where we were:







It was a lot of fun to see some of the places that not everyone gets to visit, but my arm muscles were a little sore afterwards from all of that crawling!

2 comments:

Staci said...

How fun! I'm too claustrophobic to squeeze into those places! By the way, I'm adding you to my blogroll!

Mel said...

Way to get out of the box and into a hole!!