So I went home yesterday after school and it was cold and raining out. Not a huge deal normally, but I have to walk a 100 pound lab when I get home every day. I had an umbrella, but I felt bad thinking about Bailey getting cold and wet (he’s really spoiled, as you can see by the picture). Plus, I hate the smell of wet dog after a walk in the rain.
My quick thinking skills told me to make a rain jacket for him. Well, I have a regular jacket for him, but it isn’t water repellent. What to do? It’s a good thing I have worked at a summer camp – when you have, the obvious answer is to use a trash bag. Well, I put his jacket in a trash bag with only the straps hanging out and then I placed it on him. He looked confused at first, but he was fine once he was wearing it. Here are some pictures of him wearing his “rain jacket”:
I’d like to think that the cars passing by were slowing down to admire my inventiveness, but I have a feeling that they were laughing at us.
Friday, February 22, 2008
I Entertain My Neighbors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know about the cars, but I sure am laughing at you! How funny!
Ingenuis! Naw they were looking at your creativity..just thank goodness you weren't wearing it!
Actually that is a great idea. I have put freezer bags on dog's feet with pony tail rubber bands when we have had to go out in the mud prior to grass taking root.
You go girl!
Post a Comment