Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun at the Park

This weekend, I went to Stone Mountain Park for the Yellow Daisy Festival on Saturday with my mom. This was the second or third time that we have been, but we enjoy looking at the crafts every year because there’s always something different. Anyway, here’s what I picked out this year: a really cute dog and some metal flowers (they'll never die).




Then, on Sunday, I went to the “Bark in the Park” event for the Atlanta Braves. This meant that I got to take Bailey to a Braves game!
When I bought the tickets, I wanted to be comfortable space wise – so I bought 4 human tickets and 1 dog ticket, even though I knew that only 3 humans (Travis, Heather, and I) would be going. I figured that Bailey will definitely take up a seat space… or at least the leg room in front of a seat and I didn’t know if a dog ticket included a seat. I mean, what if they were expecting smaller dogs and didn’t plan on a behemoth like Bailey?

Anyway, so all of the tickets were “general admission” and allowed us to sit anywhere we wanted within the sections of 414, 416, 418,420, and 422. By the way, these are highest seats and furthest away from home base along the 3rd base line. I hate that we were so far away, but I guess it would be bad if the seats were closer and a dog made a move for the ball!


When we got there, I was immediately impressed with all of the arrangements that they had made to keep the dogs comfortable. There were kiddy pools for lounging in and water bowls everywhere! They even kept water bowls full of ice water in several places on every aisle and came around every inning to refill them. Overall, it was a great day! Bailey wasn't too interested in the actual baseball game, but he loved seeing the other dogs and mooching food from the other spectators.

1 comments:

Staci said...

What a fun weekend! I love the metal flowers!