Thursday, August 28, 2008

Old McDaniel had a Farm

Last weekend, it was a little cooler out than it had been for a while, so I wanted to do something outside on Saturday. Travis and I decided to grab a sandwich and to take Bailey to the park. Since I hadn't been to McDaniel Farm Park, which is nearby, I decided that it might be a good spot. I had read on-line that it was a subsistence farm, and that it still had its original barn, well shed, blacksmith shed, and house. I was especially happy to read that it was mainly walking trails (with woods, streams, and meadows) and that it did not have a playground. I like kids, but it's nice to get away from them on the weekend when you're a teacher. The park turned out to be really nice and we spent almost three hours exploring the trails (marked and unmarked). Bailey enjoyed the barn and the stream the most. I wish I had remembered my camera so I would have pictures of us... maybe next time, but I was able to get some pics off of the Internet.


0 comments: