Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finally, a new post!

Alright, I have gotten lazy about blogging… and I admit it. The problem was that the further behind I got, the more I procrastinated because it seemed like too big of a task to catch up.

However, I got some motivation recently… TRAVIS AND I GOT ENGAGED!

To get myself to update my blog, I decided that I wouldn’t blog about our engagement until I updated past events, so I will tell you all about how he asked me in its’ own post later…

So, here is a brief review of the other past events… starting with the most recent:

#1 – Halloween 2008 (Oct. 31st)
I love Halloween… and this year, we had home made costumes. My mom got me a new sewing machine recently, so I made all of our costumes while Travis was in charge of carving the pumpkins. Bailey and I had matching capes and dressed up as “Super Dog” and “Super Girl”; although, Travis called us “Slobber Dog” and “Silly Girl” throughout the night. Travis also dressed up, but he was a Viking since he wasn’t willing to dress up as a Super Hero with Bailey and I (and I guess that’s good, ‘cause dressing with us in matching costumes wouldn’t have been very manly). Anyway, Travis had a hat and sword from last year, so we made him a tunic and bought some fur to make boots and a cloak out of. They looked really good on him! Our friends Heather & Scott also came over to hang out and help us pass out candy.






#2 – AOC Bike Ride & Camping (Oct. 10th – 12th)
OK, so there wasn’t actually much riding on this trip… I didn’t even plan to bike with the group because I have no mountain biking (or even much plain biking) experience. However, Travis was planning on going with the AOC group and Bailey and I like to camp, so we tagged along. All was going well on Saturday (I was reading, Bailey was swimming in the lake, Travis was biking with the group), until Travis called me because he broke the derailleur on his bike. Unfortunately, a replacement part would have to be ordered (they don’t really carry them in stores and if they do, they are expensive), so that was it for the biking part of the weekend. We still had fun though hanging out by a camp fire, but I hate that Travis only got to bike for an hour or two. I’d include pictures, but I forgot to take any on this trip…

#3 – Burt’s Farm (Oct. 5th)
This was our 2nd annual trip to this pumpkin patch. It’s a little over an hour away from us, but worth the drive because there are pumpkins of all shapes, colors, and size. I also buy a pumpkin pie when we go, but we never seem to finish it. My favorite part of the trip is watching Travis push the pumpkins up the hill in a wheelbarrow when we take them out to the car. I didn’t get a picture of that this year, but I’ll post some pictures that I have from last year.



#4 – Yard Sale (Oct. 4th)
I finally got rid of stuff! Some of it was my parents’ (they also had spare junk), most of it was childhood stuff that I had been storing at my parents’ house, and the rest was clothes or other trinkets that I had been keeping. Travis was especially happy to see it go because I had been storing it all in the garage while I sorted through it. Unfortunately, my parents found a few more of my boxes at their house, so I still have a little more to sort through. I am now vowing that extra stuff will go to Goodwill once a year in the summer – we’ll see how that goes!



#5 – Duluth Fall Festival (Sept. 27th)
Downtown Duluth has a festival that I go to every year, but who I can convince to come along with me varies each year. Travis and I have a deal when it comes to festivals and craft shows: he is willing to go as a backup if I can’t find anyone else, but he prefers to stay home if anyone else will go. This year, I didn’t need him for this event - Heather was able to go and we also met my parents there. We didn’t buy a lot, but it’s always fun to go browse.

#6 – AOC Lake Dogs (Sept. 14th)
This was another AOC (Atlanta Outdoor Club) event that we went to. We always have a good time when we meet up with this group, but Bailey especially enjoyed it this time because it was an event that was centered on dogs. Basically, everyone met up at a park that has some creeks and a lake to let the dogs swim and play. Bailey played with the other dogs for about an hour or so, and then Travis and I ate a picnic lunch and hiked on some trails around the park. We all enjoyed it...



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted again! Those Halloween costumes are darling. You are so creative. And its nice to hear all the fun stuff you guys are doing. I look forward to your next post!