Friday, August 19, 2011

Bahamas - July 2011

This summer, we went to the Bahamas! Since I enjoy getting to explore a variety of places, I booked three different hotels for our trip.

First, we spent two nights at Our Lucaya Resort (http://www.grandlucayan.com/); it has a nice beach and is near shops and restaurants. The best part was that we got a "workout room," which had equipment in it.


While staying at Our Lucaya, we went on a kayak/cave/beach tour (http://www.grandbahamanaturetours.com/tour1.html). I thought that the caves in the Lucayan National Park would be the neat part, but it turned out that the beach was the best. It was clear shallow water and I even got to feed some raccoons that hang out by the area where they serve lunch!














After our stay at Our Lucaya, we went to Viva Wyndham Fortuna (http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/FPOVF/main.wnt) for an all inclusive stay for four nights. This was the main reason for going to the Bahamas because we got a discount on-line.


I have added the view from our room and a picture of Travis on the trapeze, but we also tried archery and snorkeling.




Our last stop was Flamingo Bay (http://www.tainobeach.com/flamingo.html). We were supposed to go scuba diving while there, but the weather didn't exactly cooperate. At least the hotel had a great pool; here are some pictures of it:


0 comments: