Travis and I have already gotten our Valentine's Day gifts. Yeah, it's not for a few days, but we didn't wait to play with them since they weren't a surprise. He wanted new bike tires (which I couldn't pick out) and I wanted a bike trailer, so we already knew what we were getting and opened them when they arrived. I know we won't have any gifts for the actual day, but I'm OK with that - the holiday is really used anyway as an excuse to buy something for the other person that they will like.
So, Travis' bike tires aren't that exciting (at least to me), but check out what I got!
Yep, that's right - a bike trailer to haul Bailey around in. It should be a lot of work to pull a 100 pound dog behind a bike, but Travis has an electric bike (notice the battery over the back wheel). It's great - I push a lever and Bailey and I are zooming down the street! So now there's one more reason for the neighbors to stare at me, but look at that big smile on his face...

This was the second trip that Bailey took in the trailer (I didn't take a camera the first day). As usual, I hyped him up about going before we left. Travis and I do this all the time when we are taking him for a ride or walk; and Bailey bounces around and barks. Before our ride today, I ran into the back yard while talking about "going" and Bailey chased me so that I wouldn't leave without him. Unfortunately, he was so excited about going this time, that he jumped through a window in the screened in porch!
Notice that the door on the right was propped open. Why he felt compelled to take a shortcut through the screen (and bushes), I'm not sure. He can run so much faster than me that catching up with me isn't a problem. Apparently, his brain wasn't running fast enough though... he seemed a little shocked when he landed in the bushes (as were Travis and I). Here he is checking out his demolition once he came back in the porch (using the door):

Well, at least he likes the new bike trailer...


1 comments:
Oh my!! That's funny! Wonder what caused him to go through the screen instead of the open door?!?!
Post a Comment