Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fun B-Day Weekend!

Instead of a birthday gift from Travis this year, I decided that I wanted a day to do whatever activities I wanted. We picked Saturday (Dec. 13th) because it was one of the few full days that we had open. It turned into an entire fun weekend becuase we had other events going on Friday and Sunday. Here is a brief re-cap of the weekend:


Friday Evening:

We went to the Street Smarts holiday party. It was very laid back - a potluck event at the new office. I was worried that I would be uncomfortable or bored, but I enjoyed myself. We sat beside people that I knew from his office and others that I didn't know were really nice and funny. The white elephant gift exchange also ran very smoothly (sometimes those can take forever becasue people keep "stealing" gifts)... we took a singing fish and brought home a tin with playing cards and plastic poker chips.


Saturday (My Day):

1) I got breakfast in bed (thanks Travis) from McDonald's. It was funny when he gave it to me because he bought several options (not knowing what I would be in the mood for) -so we split them all.

2) We cleaned the house. I know, this isn't exactly fun, but it was nice to have it done and it was much faster than usual becuase I got Travis to help.


3) Travis let me win putt-putt at Peachtree Golf Center. He almost always wins when we play mini-golf, so I'm convinced he either changed some of the scores or he intentionally missed some putts.


4) Travis made lunch.

5) Break time - we played on our computers, watched TV, and lounged around.

6) We went to Dave and Busters to play video games. We also got our picture "sketched" in a photo booth... it wasn't too elaborate, but it did turn out better than when we combined our photos to see what our "child" would look like.


7) The day ended with cosmic bowling at Brunswick with Heather and Scott. Unfortunately, I didn't do well with actual bowling... so I think I'll stick to Wii bowling for a while.


Sunday:

I bought Falcons tickets a long time ago because the 8th graders at the school I work at were going to play at the Georgia Dome. Our seats were pretty far away for the Falcons game, but we got to move up close to see the 8th graders play. It was a lot of fun to see them there!


Afterwards, we went to the Varsity to have dinner. I wanted to go there for lunch on Saturday, but the traffic was more than I wanted to deal with. It worked out on Sunday though, since it wasn't too far out of the way on our way home.


1 comments:

Staci said...

What a fun day! And better than a gift!!