Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Half Way There…

We have reached the half way point and have new pictures. The biggest surprise is that we're having a boy! At 12 weeks, the tech guessed a girl based on the picture she was able to get, but he is clearly a boy! Now I need to rethink the nursery ideas and start picking out camping themed decor.





Here are some more pictures from this week:





Also, I thought I'd list how I'm feeling so that I'll be able to remember the early days of pregnancy (as I'm sure the later days when I'm huge will be the most memorable)...



I am starting to feel the baby move now; it’s the weirdest sensation. It’s really reassuring to know he’s ok and a cool experience, but it is still strange. At first, it was like a gold fish bumping up against the side of a tank. However, last night there were some bigger kicks and Travis was able to feel it too.


I haven’t had too many cravings that are constant, but here are some that I’ve had at times:
- anything salty (especially when I first got pregnant)
- cheeseburgers and Arby’s roast beef sandwiches (I’ve been told I want these for the iron)
- orange juice (which I drank a gallon of in two days, even though I almost never drink it)
- Skittles (or other fruit candy) - even though I was never a big fan of them before, I can’t get enough of them now – I even carry them with me in my bag


I also have back pain. It’s not too bad, but it bothers me. I get winded doing simple things, and to top it off, I noticed that my knuckles turned blue the other day. I guess the extra blood flow has made the veins more noticeable. Other things ache too… especially my feet. I think I may have plantar fasciitis; my heels are killing me, and I’m trying to stay off of them as much as possible. Yay pregnancy...

0 comments: