I'm working on the Costa Rica blog (no really, I am, but I want to remember it all so I only have two days worth so far) and I can't really post about the wedding yet because we haven't met with the photographer (and all I really want to post are my favorite pictures).
So anyway, I feel like I shouldn't post anything until I get those blogs done, but something happened today that I want to remember. I'm sure Travis won't even really remember it, but I do. I was introduced as his wife. Like, really introduced as it. Several people on the honeymoon called me his wife, but I felt like it didn't really count because we didn't know them. Then, my friends have used the phrase, but they are doing it intentionally to get a reaction, so that doesn't really count either.
Here's the first time it did count for me:
I have been staying at my parents' house while they are out of town and I have missed Travis since I don't get to see him at night. So, I decided to meet him for lunch because I was on my way to Georgia State to turn in a HOPE application anyway. We decided to walk down the street from his work to Steverino's for lunch. While we were there, his bosses (John and Larry) ended up sitting down beside us with two men from another company for a lunch meeting. Since they were talking to us, John introduced Travis and me to them. First, he introduced Travis as someone from their company – and then he simply told them my name and said that I was his wife.
I don't know why this is a big deal to me because I have spent the past few days working on changing my name and it's starting to set in some (notice that it's now different on the blog). I guess it's that John called me his wife so casually. Not because that is the only way he ever knew us (like in Costa Rica when we met new people), not to see if I reacted (like my friends), but because that's what I was.... his wife.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I'm a wife...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can totally understand. I remember when its all so new. That is actually a touching story. Now that I've been married over half my life - its nice to remember those simple things.
I was the anomymous comment. I screwed up on choosing an identity name again! When oh when will I get the hang of this?
Claudia
Post a Comment